SWBH NHS Trust
COVID-19: Useful Links & Advice From SCAT Centre Birmingham
We know this is an extremely worrying time for you and you will have a lot of questions. Here are some key points on COVID-19 along with useful links & advice:
1. If you develop a temperature or a new persistent cough: please contact your local team. Out of hours: 111 stating clearly that you are in at risk group
2. Continue to attend hospital appointments as advised by your team; this may be via telephone and in some cases in person. Please do not attend if you have any cough/ fever/ viral symptoms
3. Shielding please see the government advice here:
4. Getting government support as an extremely vulnerable person: later this week you can register here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable
5. Medications: We will ask you if these can be collected by a someone else for you, if this is not possible, we will arrange courier delivery.
6. Food: we are still awaiting the government plans, but in the meantime, ask a neighbour, family member or friend to shop for you.
7. If you need a sick note for work: https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note
8. COVID buddy: Please make sure you have someone who knows about you and your condition, who can check in on you by phone/Skype etc. regularly, you can also do the same for them.
10. Coronavirus and claiming benefits: https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/coronavirus/
This advice is from the specialised Haemoglobinopathy service Advice may vary for different trusts / services.